- The maximum number of people allowed inside will be: 30
- Patrons will be required to wear face masks, sanitize their hands and sign-in upon entering the building.
- Public computers will be reactivated, but only half of the computers will be available for use. Patrons will be able to locate and check out materials and may read and study as long as the occupancy limit has not been reached.
- In-person programs are discontinued for the time being.
- Want to repair or do your own car maintenance
Use the library's online resource tool called Chilton Library!
It features repair, service and maintenance information on cars, trucks, vans and SUVs.
When you are ready to work on your car, make an appointment at your USAG Bavaria Automotive Skills Centers.
Access to the Chilton Library is easy but you must have a library account.
- Visit: http://mwrlibrary.armybiznet.com
- Choose: "My Account"
- Enter: Your web login and PIN
- Select: "Online Resources," scroll down (in alphabetical order) and click on "Chilton Library."
You can use this feature on any personal device at home or at the Automotive Skills Centers.
For more information on accessing Chilton library, contact the Tower Barracks Library at DSN 475-1740 or click here to send an email.
- The Hohenfels Library offers
- After hours book drop
- Tours (upon request)
- Reference and research assistance
- Handicap accessible
- Meeting room
- Children area with small chairs and lots of children books
- Teen area with young adult literature shelves, couch and study table
- Areas for working and lounging
- Free WiFi
- 18 CAC-enabled public computers
- Printing services (15 pages per day)
- Interlibrary loan service
- Language resources
- Travel guides
- Playaway Launchpads and Views
- Army Europe Libraries
- Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get to the library catalogue?
Click here: mwrlibrary.armybiznet.com
How do I become a library cardholder?
Please come in to the library, B49 and our friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you complete our registration form. If you have a sponsor (as a family member perhaps), that sponsor must complete the registration form also.
Is there a limit on the number of books to be checked out at a time?
There is no limit on the amount of books you can checkout.
Can I check out books, movies and CD’s together?
Yes, you can check out all of these together.
How long may I check items out for?
Books check out for 3 weeks, movies for 1 week, TV series for 2 weeks and music CDs for 3 weeks. Video games check out for 1 week.
Can I order items from other libraries?
Yes, we have a convenient and efficient Interlibrary Loan Program through our Army Europe Library system, and when you sign up for our online My Account, you can request items from the comfort of your living room. We are happy to help you with this at the Circulation Desk as well.
What happens if I lose a library item?
Come see us about it, as the requirements vary.
How will I get notified if a library item is past due?
You will receive several gentle reminders via your email, so be sure to keep that info updated in our system.
What kind of events or promotions do you put on?
The Hohenfels Library has events for every member of the family, including weekly Story Times, Lego Club, Rainbow Loom Club, Eclectic Book Club for adults and much more! The Family and MWR website provides an event calendar for your reference or you can call us at CIV 09472-708-1740 or DSN 522-1740.
Can you download E-books to your phone or tablet?
Via our My Account, you can have access to hundreds of FREE downloadable eBooks, magazines, audiobooks and streaming video. Children’s eBooks are also available!
Effective March 1, the Library will be open:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
U.S. and German Holidays: Closed