assistance with emergency repairs
vehicle turn-in service for transitioning personnel
- Machinery and diagnostic equipment
- Automatic and hand-held car wash
- Towing services
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash, credit card, debit card. Euros ARE NOT accepted.
2. What age do my children need to be to work in the bay area with me?
Youth must be at least 14 years old to work in the bay area with a parent/guardian.
3. Do I need to show proof of ownership before signing my vehicle into the shop?
Customers must present a U.S. ID card and valid vehicle registration to work in the Automotive Skills Center. Only individuals named on the registration can perform repairs on that vehicle.
4. Can I perform fuel maintenance?
Gasoline tanks can not be drained at the Automotive Skills Center. However fuel maintenance can be performed on diesel automobiles.
5. What do the specific services entail?
The Automotive Skills Center offer:
- Battery charging service
- Bench work
- Brake rotor turning
- Tire mounting and balancing (customer's provided instruction on this service).
- Welding is offered when the certified welder is on duty.
Customers are not authorized to use the welder or weld in the shop.
Towing service is also offered. Please note the following fees:
- $80 dollar hook-up fee on and off post
- $1 per kilometer for off post towing to and from an auto repair shop or to the Automotive Skills Center
- $20 fee for the driver to wait for an individual to arrive at the pick-up site
6. How can I make an appointment/reservation?
Use of the shop is on a walk-in basis ONLY -- first come, first served. Appointments are not accepted.
7. To what extent will the staff assist me with my car repair.
The customer is responsible for performing all repairs on their vehicle. Staff will provide the tools. Staff can and will provide assistance in the form of instruction but by regulation they can NOT repair your car.
8. Operating hours are: Tuesday-Friday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
The facility is closed Sunday, Monday and Federal Holidays. Shop clean-up is 30 minutes prior to closing. If repairs on your vehicle are not complete by that time, the customer can choose to either leave the vehicle on the lift or shop floor and pay $10 a day or if it is undriveable but can be moved it can be parked in the center lot for $5 a day.
*Service is first come, first served, six bays open, limit two customers per bay -- maximum twelve in the main facility and two in the annex.
Car Wash is open. Get tickets for the car wash at Automotive Skills Center or at the Bowling & Entertainment Center
Phone for emergency service appointments, including:
The Automotive Skills Center is your resource for maintaining your vehicle, making minor and major repairs or restoring that classic in the garage. The Family and MWR’s Automotive Skills Program offers a modern working environment, complete with individual work bays, state-of-the-art mechanical tools, and a team of qualified and trained staff ready to help.
We also offer:
Use the library's online resource tool called Chilton Library for repair, service and maintenance information on cars, trucks, vans and SUVs.
Hohenfels Resale Lot
Utilization of the Vehicle Resale Lot is open to all USAG Bavaria active duty military, DoD civilians, NATO ID cardholders and US retired military personnel on a space-available basis. Priority for use will be given to active military and DoD civilians assigned to the USAG Bavaria area of responsibility with PCS orders. For more information, pricing or questions please see an Automotive Skills attendant located in the B392A Automotive Skills Center Tuesday through Friday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. or Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.